Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Quilt Project for Breast Cancer

Painted Colour plan
Intuitive Hearts

I have been commissioned to create an Art Quilt for The Quilt Project for auction this year. I have been working hard to embellish my blocks and have just finished today and I have laid out the blocks randomly so far. I painted the fabrics last summer with Gunnel Hag at the Elora Art School with the Colour Vie paints. I added lots of commercial cottons and Batiks as well. The theme is Woman and I choose a woman's heart as my focus motif. I am calling my piece, 'Intuitive Hearts'. I used embroidery and beading as my embellishment. Very soon I'll post the finished quilt since the due date is the end of January. I am a bit of a procrastinator since I have had a least 6 months to work on the project!!! But life does get in the way and since the passing of my dad in November, I am sure that my focus has changed quite a bit.