Saturday, June 5, 2010

Teaching at Sewfest

CD Challenge Art for the Ontario Network of Needleworkers
made with woven fabric strips through rug canvas, machine stitched, thread leaf also beaded
Teaching at Sewfest West
I was asked to submit a proposal to teach at the new sewing show last January. I sent in my proposal and photos for teaching Fabric Collage Postcards and I was invited to teach! I was nervous and very excited. April 31st came quickly but I was prepared. The venue at Bingeman's Park Conference Center was fabulous and everything was there for my teaching. I had 9 students that were eager and enthusiastic! The morning went quickly and I was humbled by their positive comments about my class. Thank you everyone, you have spurred me on to do more teaching! Below are some of my students with their postcards. I am very proud of Bianca who tried free motion stitching for the first time on her beautiful postcard!

Inspired by Eco Postcards


Beautiful postcards


Bravo Michelle!



Bianca
Thank you Alma Laidlaw of Sew Fancy who organized this new Festival. I loved the shopping!




1 comment:

Maggi said...

Love your CD challenge piece Donna. How proud you must have been of your students. Congratulations on being such a good teacher.