Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Stitchery Guild



Last night at the Oakville Stitchery Guild, we had a wonderful presenter, my friend Susan Strachan Johnson. Susan , a former painter, started making fibre art with me in a class with Penny Berens at the Elora School of Art several years ago. Her work is remarkable! Our guild really enjoyed her presentation on 'The Fine Art of Recycling'. You must see her work on her website: www.strachanjohnson.com As the program cordinator for the guild I have really enjoyed arranging excellent speakers for our members.



I finished this embellished piece for my show at Greenwood Quiltery Gallery, opening on April 3rd. I love the look of the silk duponi borders. And it machine quilts so easily! This is the second in my series of garden arches. I am calling it, 'Secret Garden'. The embroidery was inspired by the random placement of the embellished colours. Below is a close up showing the stitches.




I am sending off this postcard, 'Go Green' to the Grand National Postcard Challenge at the Joseph Schneider Haus Museum in Kitchener. Its not too late to participate, the deadline is April 1st.



Lastly, an update on Oatis. Here he is almost 12 weeks old. He had his second visit to the vet for several shots. Oatie is snuggling down in our bed. I put him there so I know where he is while I am doing things. He tried to build a tunnel in the pillows. He now weighs over 9 pounds and is a bit pudgy but he is only eating his proper amount of food. He doesn't know what treats are yet. We got advice on how to get more sleep at night, let him cry after his pee break. No playing! I am looking forward to more sleep tonight.



Until next week, hug your pets!

No comments: