Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Grand National Postcard Challenge



I am one of the Terrific Twelve artists recognized for our outstanding postcards in the Grand National Quilt Show 2009. I was so happy to be recognized along with other artists such as Hilary Rice, Beverley A White and Rita Budd. I had a chance to meet Beverley, whose work I admire.



Here I am at the Artist's Reception at the Joseph Schneider Haus, beside my postcard titled 'Go Green' which I made rather quickly for my postcard workshop back in February. I loved this little piece of Art because of the Go Green theme that the Oakville Stitchery Guild has made their focus for this year.



This is after the presentation to the me as part of the 'Terrific Twelve'. I was given a postcard book of all the winners and a rose corsage!





This postcard is one made by fellow artist and friend, Anne Marie Desaulniers.





A postcard made by Hilary Rice. I met Hilary last June in Newfoundland at the Canadian Quilter's Conference.






This stunning rendition of the JS Haus is made by Jill Buckley of London, On





This is my favourite postcard, the dog's left ear is hanging free!





A postcard made by Roberta Whitmore, of London, On. Roberta was also a one of the Terrific Twelve.





A great winning postcard by Joanne Young of Kitchener!




This is my dear friend Leslie who accompanied me to the reception. She is standing in front of some blue themed postcards!
May is such an exciting month for quilting art events! The St. Jacob's Quilt and Fibre Art Festival is May 26th - 30th. JS Haus is having a meet the artists event on the 28th from 7 - 9 pm. I will be visiting the festival before going to the meet and greet! My friend Janet Rhind is having a solo show at the Silo Weavers during the festival. All is good in the Fibre Art world!

2 comments:

Maggi said...

What a wonderful time you must have had Donna. Thank you for sharing some of the beautiful cards with us. Maggi

Quilt Rat said...

Hello. I just came across your blog today. I wanted to say Congrats on being one of the "terrific twelve" and thanks so much for including my postcard on your site.
I absolutely loved getting a chance to meet so many of the artist's but sadly missed a few as well. It seemed as though the time flew by.......I too, admire Bev White's work and was so happy to be able to speak with her. I thought the show was fabulous and plan to get back again this summer.