Thursday, February 11, 2010

Crystal Beach, Florida, Brrrr, Cold!

Yesterday, I went out to take photos of the surrounding area near our little cottage in Crystal Beach near Destin Florida. I just loved these lacy cabbage-like plants outside our motel.

I have been reading Judith Baker Montano's book called Fibreart Montage. She has a great chapter on photography. I went out and took photos following her advice. Here is a view of the beach at the end of our block. It was about 59F when I took the photo!

This is our little old cottage, part of the Old Pier Motel in Crystal Beach. It is certainly old style! The monster cottage next door is typical of the surrounding cottages, all 3 stories tall with for rent or for sale signs on the lot. It is a very quiet neighbourhood with few people around. That's because it is too cold!



This is an interesting photo I took in Valdosta, Georgia of a very tall Juniper shrub. Compare it to the car beside it. We stayed in the worst Motel 6, ever! Beware of cheap motels and ask to see the room first! Lesson learned, I am seeing every room first.


Here is Oatie on his master's lap chilling at the local Starbucks in Destin, Florida. And we were very chilly! Now who picked the Florida Panhandle as our destination? On Sunday we are heading south, after we travel east to I95. Unfortunately, I did all my shopping at The Fabric Art Shop in Lake City already. I picked up some yummy dyed velvet cotton, fabric,threads, and books. This was the highlight of the trip so far for me!




1 comment:

Maggi said...

I love that photo of the cabbage and what a handsome chap Oatie looks in his cap. Hope your next destination is warmer for you.