Saturday, February 12, 2011

Art work in Progress



While on vacation in Cedar Key, I decided to revisit my on line classes with Susan Sorrell ( Creative Chick) on Personal Symbols and Fertile Earth. I decided to use a painted fabric covered with a transparent fabric as my background. While here in Cedar Key, I explored around the cottage and drew little nature sketches. I also included garden statues and mementos. I used these to create my appliques of painted and transparent fabric. I decided to use the little bird ceramic as my focal point and a variety of shells and a sand dollar as my accents.
Photo 1: beginning to applique, back stitched the spirals in the background transparent fabric
Photo 2: Starting to use embroidery details
Photo 3: Inspiration Photo


I've been busy each day working on my Jane LaFasio online class: Sketching and Watercolour. I painted the little bird ceramic as well. Don't forget to check out The Sketchbook Challenge and Photos on Flickr. I've posted all my photos on my Flickr site, hope to see you there.
www.flickr.com/photos/donnafunnell


1 comment:

Maggi said...

Great to see what you are doing by revisiting a class. Lovely pieces.