Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Soft Rocks with Susan



Hello everyone! Here is a posterized photo of Oatie. I call him OT like in hockey, OVERTIME! He definitely was overtime last night until 2 a.m. having that burst of energy and madness that puppies often have. We call it having a FRAT! Posterized photos can be useful making art and I plan to use this some day. Another good resource is Virtual Painter, they give you 32 free photos to alter. I altered Oatie right on my camera, which is a good feature.



This is my finished Soft Rock made during Susan S.Johnson's workshop. Also some sample stitching to add to my rock to create texture. Stay tuned for the finished rock.




Here I am happy to be at a workshop with friends.
Below Susan is demonstrating some stitches.




This is my rock after it baked in the oven for a couple of hours.



This is my rock covered in Press and Seal and some materials I will use to cover it, such as chessecloth, roving, washi paper. We used a combination of white glue and flour and water to create the glue to make the Pabric. This part was very messy and I couldn't pick up my camera.



A sketch of my rock, found by hubby at the reservoir in Milton. I think it is shale and has lots of details of which some may be trauma from earth moving machines.


This is my dear friend, Leslie! We are in Sybil Rampen's studio, Joshua Creek in Oakville.

This is Susan beginning her workshop with the members of the Oakville Stitchery Guild on March 28th. I apologize for the photos being backwards, I forgot to download them opposite as I usually do. We had a lot of fun with great food at our lunch time pot luck! This is our last workshop for the year, and do I have some plans for next year!! Please have a look over at Carol Weibe's blog, Silverspring Studio for a review of my show at Greenwood Gallery. Thank you so much Carol! While there have a look at Carol's art work! Until next week, keep stitching!







1 comment:

Maggi said...

A posterised Oatie - so cute. The rock looks very interesting too.