Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Doctor Stitch



This is a stitchery I completed for my little stitch book I am making. At our Stitchery Guild we have Do Days called Dr. Stitch. We all meet at Sybil's house and she gives us wisdom about stitching and instruction about technique. It really is a tea party! This latest exercise is to stitch on printed fabric. I also added painted cheesecloth and a piece of painted and zapped tyvek. Following are pages from my stitch book. They are a bit wrinkled, Oatie loves my stitch things and balls of pearl cotton. I found him all tangled in some.



The cover and page 1



Pages 2 and 3




Pages 4 and 5




Pages 6 and 7.




These are my latest ATCs from a swap on Cloth Paper Studios. Thank you to Ulla, Marie and Marci.


My soft rock in progress, with french knots, sorbello stitch, lock stitch and cross stitch. My son says I should put eyes on the top and then it can talk. Sawrite!

Another swap from Beryl and a delightful note card. Thank you Beryl, your block is a work in progress.



Here is the latest picture of the culprit that loves stitching threads! Today he had a great day with his mom and no deliberate messes in the house! One day and counting! I always say. ' Good thing he is cute!' More news shortly!







1 comment:

Maggi said...

Love the little stitch book. What a relaxing meeting that must be. Glad Oatie is helping you! Maggi