Saturday, June 23, 2012

Open House at Queen Elizabeth Park Art Centre

Here I am with my group, Oakville Fibre Arts, at Queen Elizabeth Park Arts Centre in Oakville. It was Open House on April 24th and we had at least 6,000 visitors and cake for all! Sorry my posting is so late. I am standing front of my postcard piece called The Message.
Here is Sherry showing a young visitor how to do embroidery on the group fibre arts project.
Marda is sitting at our display talking to another fibre artist, a knitter.
Leslie, our president welcomes people as they come into the Fibre room. We have a fairly large room with a small dye room. We occupy the room every Thursday from 9:30 - 3:30. The room is used by the Weavers, Knitters, Sewers' Forum, and Spinners at other times.
A Knitted Project made by Cathy

2 comments:

Linda Kittmer said...

It looks live a wonderful place. I will try to come visit some time, maybe next fall.

Maggi said...

An amazing number of visitors Donna. I wish I could have been one of them.