Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thanks to a Gentle Reminder

My Class at the Guelph Embroiderers' Guild
Embroidery by Barbara Lee


Embroidery by Erin


Sheena concentrating on her art.


Doeteke working hard.


Michelle, happy to be creating.

I was reminded tonight at my fibre art meeting that I haven't posted in awhile. Thanks Doeteke! I certainly have intended to, but I have been so busy making art and other things. I am participating in the Sketchbook Challenge and a free workshop with Pam Carriker with Strathmore Online Workshops. I have been inspired to sketch, paint and collage. On Sunday, I was making paper at Sandra's Open Studio. I love going to Open Studio to play. A new semester has started with the classes at the Guelph Embroiderers' Guild, and I am immersed in making a 4 sided vessel, fabric collage of course.
December was the end of my class, teaching at the Guelph Guild and I have some photos to share of my students and their work. It was a invaluable experience working with such creative embroiderers.
I have several pans in the fire for 2011! I want to concentrate on teaching and publishing my art. But it will be in small steps. For the new year, I will be a guest artist at The Three Creative Studios. Watch for my Technique of the Month in April. I am teaching a class on Brown Paper and Embroidery at the Mixed Minded Conference in May. www.mixedminded.ca
I am published in A Needle Pulling Thread, Spring edition. Look for my Keepsake Wallets using recycled fabrics.
Its looking like a very Creative year! Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

My Goodness, you have been, and will be busy!

Maggi said...

A feast of photos. You are certainly going to be busy. Has Oatie chewed the snake yet?